RYC gathers (7th-12th grade) every Sunday MORNING (10:30am-12:15pm) & NIGHT (6:30pm-8:00pm) in the youth room. There is optional prayer at 6:00pm with a Lead Team Meeting following at 6:15pm for any students who want to get more involved & plan future events. Our new “JV” junior high program (5th-8th grade) meets every Sunday MORNING right after the 10:30am Worship service dismisses downstairs at YCF until about 12:15 in the afternoon. The Girls’ Night discipleship group meets at York Christian Fellowship every Thursday night from 7:00 to 8:30pm. The Young Men’s Basketball & Mentorship group gathers at the hoops at YCF every Thursday nights from 7:00 to 8:30pm with leaders Brian Kocher & Nevin Valentin. E.D.G.E. College & Career Group (18 to 25 years) meets up every Tuesday night at 9pm downstairs at YCF with interactive & deep discussions of the Word.
What We’re All About:
Join the REVOLUTION of how we “do church.” It’s about keeping the powerful message of Jesus and living a Spirit-filled life, but conveying it in terms that reach this generation. We don’t compromise the life changing message of the Kingdom of God, just ditch the “religious” terminology and boxed “Christianese” culture. Revolution Youth Church launched in November 2011, with a vision to reach the lost and “un-churched’ in the area. RYC focuses on teaching youth to renew their minds, be whole-hearted followers of Christ, what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and how to share their faith. It’s for youth, BY YOUTH! While encompassing grades 7-12, we cater to the senior high mindset. Our student “Lead Teams” run the show and actively share with rest of their peers in the form of messages, testimonies, worship and prayer. RYC is also stocked with Young Adult “Coaches” of the highest caliber for mentoring, discipleship and support.
Mentorship & Community Outreach:
The weekly girls’ discipleship group covers topics of identity in Christ, godly dating, overcoming abuse, sex, and how to make Jesus the first love of your life. The guys basketball & discipleship group gathers year round now, building a foundation of faith and servant leadership, while also covering the tough topics that young men face. (During the colder months, the men move into the youth room for X-box, Wii, Air Hockey & Fooseball tournaments before digging into a Word based discussion.) RYC also does monthly SERVOLUTION community outreaches. For more information join us on RYC Facebook.
We believe that it’s important for pastors to have a close relationship with parents, so please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you. We would love to get together with you! We also want to encourage parents to “LIKE” the official RYC Facebook in order to stay looped in on upcoming events and pictures.
NEW “JV” Junior High:
Join “JV” (5th – 8th grade), meeting every Sunday MORNING in the youth room, right after 10:30am worship. We are using “Wild Truth Bible Lessons” by Mark Oestreicher as our curriculum. Please feel free to contact Pastor Sheri or Nevin as the youth director for details. JV also has monthly special events! (Only 7th & 8th graders will still be invited to join in the normal Revolution Youth Church evening services for 7th -12th grade, which will stay the same.)
Upcoming RYC Events:
- 1.) BONFIRE AT ARIANA’S HOUSE FRI. SEPT. 29th (6:30-8:30pm): We will all meet directly at Ariana’s house for this event at 3 Sherry Dr., York 17404. Bring chairs & blankets! Get ready for Campfire Games, S’mores, Hotdogs, Chips, Desserts, Basketball & Volleyball! RSVP with Youth Director Nevin Valentin.
- 2.) YOUTH HARVEST PARTY FRI. OCT. 20th @ 6:30-8:45pm: COME IN COSTUME! All of RYC is going to support Pathways Church youth event. Have your rides drop you off at Pathways directly & pick up there as well about 8:45pm. RSVP to youth director Nevin if you plan on coming so we can all meet up there and enjoy the festivities together, including a huge dance floor! Pastor Jordan said it’s the ideal event to bring your non-Christian friends to, & they are having a powerful speaker. Pathways Church is inviting other youth groups in York to join in their event.
- 3.) SERVOLUTION TRUNK-R-TREAT COMMUNITY OUTREACH TUE. OCT. 31st(5-8pm): All of YCF is gathering in our parking lot to reach out to our community with the love of God during the local neighborhood’s scheduled trick or treat time! Volunteers must be here to set up by 5pm. Everyone is dressing up, handing out candy by themed cars, running games & face painting from 6-8pm. Our youth group is running games & face painting. There will also be a prayer station! We need 2 workers per car to hand out candy. Please dress up to match your chosen car theme! Let’s share the love of Jesus with the kids in our neighborhood! Invite your friends & family to enjoy this event. After all, “Jesus said, ‘Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.’” (Matt 19:14)
- 4.) SERVOLUTION HOUSE PROJECT THUR. OCT. 5th & 12th (3:30-6:30pm): An elderly couple with several medical limitations needs our help washing walls on October 5th & Painting on October 12th. We are putting together teams. Please contact Pastor Sheri if you can help! If you can’t get a ride, we will come to your school or house to pick you up.
- 5.) RYC MINI-GOLF & PIZZA PARTY CONTEST: We are starting a contest from June 1st to September 1st, to see who can bring the most friends (7th-12th grade) to any RYC gathering. 5 points per 1st time visitor, 1 point for every repeat time their friend comes back to church after. Whoever has the most points gets a Mini-Golf Pizza Party for them & all their friends they brought with them! Carrigan Smith won our winter contest. Now who’s going win our spring contest?
- 6.) SUMMER CAMP (Aug. 19th-24th 2018): We’re starting early this year to take any pressure off Christmas & Vacation budgeting! Discounted Payment Plan of $25 due the 1st Sunday of each month STARTED SUN SEPT 3rd, so you can easily budget. RYC is returning to our merged Youth Summer Camp Aug. 20st-25th 2017 with 14 other churches. Total Discounted cost for the full week is $225. (YCF sponsors the additional costs, because the camp actually charges us $365 per person – so it’s a great deal!) If this interrupts the first day of school, you can petition your school to get an excused absence…or there is a Sunday to Tuesday option (19th-21st) as well. It’s jam packed with games, sports & activities like: Zip Lining, Archery, paintball, Swimming, Football, Volleyball, Kick-ball, Campfires, Movie Night, Giant Swing & tons more! The camp is located at Refreshing Mountain Camp in Stevens, PA only an hour away (refreshingmountain.com).
- 7.) RYC SKATE PARTY: Dates & details to be announced!
- 8.) REVOLUTION WEEKEND: Spring 2018, RYC will be hosting its second annual youth conference! This conference incorporates Gods word with amazing examples specifically suited for the teenage demographic. Worship will be included, catered towards the teenage ear, and for fun, we will be spotlighting talent from the RYC family throughout the night! More info is soon to come including laser tag! It will be $30 per person, but if the youth bring a friend of theirs for the first time, it will cost only $20 per person. Keep your eye posted to our RYC Facebook page for future updates! RYC Facebook