RYC gathers (7th-12th grade) every Sunday MORNING (10:30am-12:15pm) & NIGHT (6:30pm-8:00pm) in the youth room. There is optional prayer at 6:00pm with a Lead Team Meeting following at 6:15pm for any students who want to get more involved & plan future events. Our new “JV” junior high program (5th-8th grade) meets every Sunday MORNING right after the 10:30am Worship service dismisses downstairs at YCF until about 12:15 in the afternoon. The Girls’ Night discipleship group meets at York Christian Fellowship every Thursday night from 7:00 to 8:30pm. The Young Men’s Basketball & Mentorship group gathers at the hoops at YCF every Thursday nights from 7:00 to 8:30pm with leaders Brian Kocher & Nevin Valentin. E.D.G.E. College & Career Group (18 to 25 years) meets up every Tuesday night at 9pm downstairs at YCF with interactive & deep discussions of the Word.
What We’re All About:
Join the REVOLUTION of how we “do church.” It’s about keeping the powerful message of Jesus and living a Spirit-filled life, but conveying it in terms that reach this generation. We don’t compromise the life changing message of the Kingdom of God, just ditch the “religious” terminology and boxed “Christianese” culture. Revolution Youth Church launched in November 2011, with a vision to reach the lost and “un-churched’ in the area. RYC focuses on teaching youth to renew their minds, be whole-hearted followers of Christ, what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and how to share their faith. It’s for youth, BY YOUTH! While encompassing grades 7-12, we cater to the senior high mindset. Our student “Lead Teams” run the show and actively share with rest of their peers in the form of messages, testimonies, worship and prayer. RYC is also stocked with Young Adult “Coaches” of the highest caliber for mentoring, discipleship and support.
Mentorship & Community Outreach:
The weekly girls’ discipleship group covers topics of identity in Christ, godly dating, overcoming abuse, sex, and how to make Jesus the first love of your life. The guys basketball & discipleship group gathers year round now, building a foundation of faith and servant leadership, while also covering the tough topics that young men face. (During the colder months, the men move into the youth room for X-box, Wii, Air Hockey & Fooseball tournaments before digging into a Word based discussion.) RYC also does monthly SERVOLUTION community outreaches. For more information join us on RYC Facebook.
We believe that it’s important for pastors to have a close relationship with parents, so please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you. We would love to get together with you! We also want to encourage parents to “LIKE” the official RYC Facebook in order to stay looped in on upcoming events and pictures.
NEW “JV” Junior High:
Join “JV” (5th – 8th grade), meeting every Sunday MORNING in the youth room, right after 10:30am worship. We are using “Wild Truth Bible Lessons” by Mark Oestreicher as our curriculum. Please feel free to contact Pastor Sheri or Nevin as the youth director for details. (Only 7th & 8th graders will still be invited to join in the normal Revolution Youth Church evening services for 7th -12th grade, which will stay the same.)
Upcoming RYC Events:
- 1.) RYC HOUSE PARTY @ HANNAH’S: We’re carpooling from church at 5:30pm to go to Hannah Johnson’s house for a pool party, battle ball, cookout & water games! We’ll be back at church for parent pick up at 9:00pm. Any students who are in Dallastown or Spring Grove School District, please just meet us all directly at Hannahs house at 6pm instead, to open up some room in the carpool. Address: 41 Ackwood Dr. Seven Valleys, PA 17360
- 2.) YOUTH PRAYER RALLY WED. AUG. 16th @ 5:30pm: We will carpool from YCF at 5:45pm to go just a few blocks away to Pathways Community Church (1731 W Philadelphia St) to cover the YOCO United Pre-Pole Rally in prayer.
- 3.) RYC MINI-GOLF & PIZZA PARTY CONTEST: We are starting a contest from June 1st to September 1st, to see who can bring the most friends (7th-12th grade) to any RYC gathering. 5 points per 1st time visitor, 1 point for every repeat time their friend comes back to church after. Whoever has the most points gets a Mini-Golf Pizza Party for them & all their friends they brought with them! Carrigan Smith won our winter contest. Now who’s going win our spring contest?
- 4.) SUMMER CAMP (Aug. 20th-25th 2017): We’re starting early this year to take any pressure off Christmas & Vacation budgeting! Discounted Payment Plan of $25 due the 1st Sunday of each month STARTED SUN SEPT 4th, so you can easily budget. RYC is returning to our merged Youth Summer Camp Aug. 20st-25th 2017 with 13 other churches. Total Discounted cost for the full week is $225. (YCF sponsors the additional costs, because the camp actually charges us $365 per person – so it’s a great deal!) If this interrupts the first day of school, you can petition your school to get an excused absence…or there is a Sunday to Tuesday option (20st-22rd) as well. It’s jam packed with games, sports & activities like: Zip Lining, Archery, paintball, Swimming, Football, Volleyball, Kick-ball, Campfires, Movie Night, Giant Swing & tons more! The camp is located at Refreshing Mountain Camp in Stevens, PA only an hour away (refreshingmountain.com).
- 5.) YOCO UNITED PRAYER & WORSHIP RALLY: Last year we had over 400 teens & youth leaders unite to pray for our schools! This year it’s hosted at West York Middle School (1700 Bannister St.) on Sunday, September 17th from 6:30-8:30pm. We’re uniting with Christians all over York County to see our schools transformed with the LOVE & POWER of Jesus!
We’re also going to gather together to worship & pray for this event on Wed. Aug. 16th at 6pm at Pathways Church, just a few blocks away from YCF. We’ll meet at YCF at 5:45 to carpool over there together:).
- 6.) LIP SYNC CONTEST MON. SEPT. 18TH @ YORK COLLEGE: RYC is entering the contest. Contact Miranda Snyder if you want to perform in our group, while the rest of us are going to go cheer & support them!
- 7.) Guys Camping Trip: Early September, more info to come!
- 8.) RYC Skate Party & Lock-In: Dates to be announced!
- 9.) REVOLUTION WEEKEND: Fall 2017, RYC will be hosting its second annual youth conference! This conference incorporates Gods word with amazing examples specifically suited for the teenage demographic. Worship will be included, catered towards the teenage ear, and for fun, we will be spotlighting talent from the RYC family throughout the night! More info is soon to come including laser tag! It will be $30 per person, but if the youth bring a friend of theirs for the first time, it will cost only $20 per person. Keep your eye posted to our RYC Facebook page for future updates! RYC Facebook