RYC gathers (7th-12th grade) every Sunday MORNING (10:30am-12:15pm) & NIGHT (6:30pm-8:00pm) in the youth room. There is optional prayer at 6:00pm with a Lead Team Meeting following at 6:15pm for any students who want to get more involved & plan future events. Our new “JV” junior high program (5th-8th grade) meets every Sunday MORNING right after the 10:30am Worship service dismisses downstairs at YCF until about 12:15 in the afternoon. The Girls’ Night discipleship group meets at York Christian Fellowship every Thursday night from 7:00 to 8:30pm. The Young Men’s Basketball & Mentorship group gathers at the hoops at YCF every Thursday nights from 7:00 to 8:30pm with leaders Brian Kocher & Nevin Valentin. E.D.G.E. College & Career Group (18 to 25 years) meets up every Tuesday night at 9pm downstairs at YCF with interactive & deep discussions of the Word.
What We’re All About:
Join the REVOLUTION of how we “do church.” It’s about keeping the powerful message of Jesus and living a Spirit-filled life, but conveying it in terms that reach this generation. We don’t compromise the life changing message of the Kingdom of God, just ditch the “religious” terminology and boxed “Christianese” culture. Revolution Youth Church launched in November 2011, with a vision to reach the lost and “un-churched’ in the area. RYC focuses on teaching youth to renew their minds, be whole-hearted followers of Christ, what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit, and how to share their faith. It’s for youth, BY YOUTH! While encompassing grades 7-12, we cater to the senior high mindset. Our student “Lead Teams” run the show and actively share with rest of their peers in the form of messages, testimonies, worship and prayer. RYC is also stocked with Young Adult “Coaches” of the highest caliber for mentoring, discipleship and support.
Mentorship & Community Outreach:
The weekly girls’ discipleship group covers topics of identity in Christ, godly dating, overcoming abuse, sex, and how to make Jesus the first love of your life. The guys basketball & discipleship group gathers year round now, building a foundation of faith and servant leadership, while also covering the tough topics that young men face. (During the colder months, the men move into the youth room for X-box, Wii, Air Hockey & Fooseball tournaments before digging into a Word based discussion.) RYC also does monthly SERVOLUTION community outreaches. For more information join us on RYC Facebook.
We believe that it’s important for pastors to have a close relationship with parents, so please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you. We would love to get together with you! We also want to encourage parents to “LIKE” the official RYC Facebook and join our RYC Parent Newsletter Facebook Group in order to stay looped in on upcoming events and pictures.
NEW “JV” Junior High (5th – 8th grade):
Join “JV” (5th – 8th grade), meeting every Sunday MORNING in the youth room, right after 10:30am worship. We are using “Wild Truth Bible Lessons” by Mark Oestreicher as our curriculum. Please feel free to contact Pastor Sheri or Nevin as the youth director for details. JV also has monthly special events! (Only 7th & 8th graders will still be invited to join in the normal Revolution Youth Church evening services for 7th -12th grade, which will stay the same.)
Upcoming RYC Events (7th-12th grade):
- RYC MENS OIL CHANGE WORKSHOP APRIL 19th (6:50-8:30pm): Cory will be hosting a workshop to teach you guys how to change the oil in a car! This is an extremely valuable lesson that could save you HUNDREDS of dollars in the future when you have your own vehicle! We will be meeting at YCF @6:50pm to then carpool down to Hanover to Cory’s shop. We will be back at YCF no later than 8:30pm. (Hearing rumors that pizza may also be provided…) If you would like to come please RSVP to Nevin Valentin as soon as possible. There are limited spaces!
- RYC BIG GAME NIGHT THUR. MAY 10th: We’re serving up meatball subs & hot dogs with tons of snacks & desserts. Playing Ultimate Clown-Chicken Dodge Ball, Capture the Flag & other crazy competitions. Bring friends 7th-12th grade!
- YOUTH CAMP FUNDRAISER ZUMBATHON SAT. MAY 26th (5:30-7:30pm): Calling ALL LADIES of ALL AGES, let’s have some fun working out together & bonding. This event is open to women of all ages, so bring your friends. Admission is $10. There will also be $2 raffles. Snacks & refreshments provided. Let’s send more teens to camp then ever this year! See Miranda Snyder for more info.
- THRIVE YOUTH CONFERENCE AT HARVEST CHAPEL APRIL 27th (Fri) -28th (Sat): We’ll be meeting at 6pm at York Christian Fellowship Parking lot to carpool to Thrive, hosted at Harvest Chapel (6947 York Rd, Abbottstown, PA 17301). Please let youth director Nevin Valentin know ASAP if you are going, so we can make sure we have enough drivers! NOTE: We won’t be having youth group on Thursday, April 26th, to take pressure off parents for rides to the conference the following day.
- GIRL NIGHT SLEEPOVER JUNE: More details to come
- GUYS RV RESORT CAMPING TRIP JUNE: More details to come
- BIG WATER GAMES NIGHT JULY & AUG: More details to come
- SUMMER CAMP AUG. 19th-24th 2018 (For Incoming 6th – 12th graders): We’re starting early this year to take any pressure off Christmas & Vacation budgeting! Discounted Payment Plan of $25 due the 1st Sunday of each month STARTED SUN SEPT 3rd, so you can easily budget. RYC is returning to our merged Youth Summer Camp Aug. 20st-25th 2017 with 14 other churches. Total Discounted cost for the full week is $225. (YCF sponsors the additional costs, because the camp actually charges us $375 per person – so it’s a great deal!) If this interrupts the first day of school, you can petition your school to get an excused absence…or there is a Sunday to Tuesday option (19th-21st) as well for $175. It’s jam packed with games, sports & activities like: Zip Lining, Archery, paintball, Swimming, Football, Volleyball, Kick-ball, Campfires, Movie Night, Giant Swing & tons more! The camp is located at Refreshing Mountain Camp in Stevens, PA only an hour away (refreshingmountain.com).
- REVOLUTION WEEKEND: Fall 2018, RYC will be hosting its second annual youth conference! This conference incorporates Gods word with amazing examples specifically suited for the teenage demographic. Worship will be included, catered towards the teenage ear, and for fun, we will be spotlighting talent from the RYC family throughout the night! More info is soon to come including laser tag! It will be $30 per person, but if the youth bring a friend of theirs for the first time, it will cost only $20 per person. Keep your eye posted to our RYC Facebook page for future updates! RYC Facebook